Pumpkin Coconut Milk Whip Cream
- 1 can of coconut milk (full fat)
- 1tbl of pumpkin puree
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie seasoning
- ¼ tsp all spice seasoning
- ¼ – ½ cup powdered sugar (sweetness preference)
- ¼ tsp corn starch
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
This is an amazing alternative to dairy filled whip cream! If you’re craving a light fluffy topping for your coffee or hot chocolate this will be your new favorite. The texture is like clouds.
Don’t expect a full on strong pumpkin flavor. It’s on the lighter side, not too overpowering.
- Put the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight. I’ve tried to take the short cut on this, and let it sit for only a few hours. It was a no go. Therefore, let it sit the whole night, if it’s longer that works too. The cold won’t hurt it.
- With a large mixing bowl handy, open the coconut milk can and scoop out the dense, white, top layer of cream. There should be a clear layer of liquid at the bottom, which you don’t need.
- Add the puree, seasonings, ¼ cup powered sugar, starch and extract. Mix on high for at least three minuets.
- Taste it! If it isn’t sweet enough add powered sugar.
- Place in refrigerator, covered, till it’s the thickness you desire.
For benefits of coconut milk check out this article: https://draxe.com/coconut-milk-nutrition/